One of a fleet of boats placed on Lake Orion during Orion’s resort era, 1890 – 1930. E. R. Emmons purchased the first steamboat named “Little Dick.” In 1901, a double decker called the “City of Orion” graced the lake. A band was on board to provide entertainment and dancing. Other boats transported people around the island.
Drawing: Doug Baker
Applique: Rebecca Eiben