Michigan Central Railroad Depot

Block 21 - Michigan Central Railroad Depot

The “Iron Horse” arrived in Lake Orion in 1872 through the efforts of Charles K. Carpenter, a director of the Detroit and Bay City Railroad. The route originally planned was changed to include Orion. With travel to the north so accessible, Detroiters began to escape to the lakes of Orion for short vacations.

Drawing: Doug Baker
Applique: Inez Brugioni

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply