Library Book Groups
The Orion Library offers a variety of book group options throughout the month, as well as an email book club and book club kits for those of you with book clubs of your own. New members are always welcome.
- April 4 - Title selection to be determined.
- February 18 - Big Little Lies / Liane Moriarty
- March 17 - All the Light We Cannot See/ Anthony Doerr
- April 21 - Orphan Train / Christina Baker Kline
- May 19 - The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- February 22 - Station Eleven / Emily St. John Mandel
- March 28 - Want Not by Jonathan Miles
- April 25 - Want Not by Jonathan Miles
- May 23 - Want Not by Jonathan Miles
- February 10 - Big Little Lies / Liane Moriarty
- March 9 - All the Light We Cannot See/ Anthony Doerr
- April 13 - Orphan Train / Christina Baker Kline
- May 11 - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Tuesdays at 10:00 AM
The Outreach Department is committed to bringing the library to people who would otherwise not be able to utilize our services. The library is currently hosting two book discussions for developmentally or intellectually challenged patrons in our area. Both groups meet at CJ’s Lakeside Grill in Downtown Lake Orion. If you know anyone with special needs who would be interested in joining our book discussion please contact the Outreach Services Department at 248.693.3000 x309.
Email Book Clubs
Every day, Monday through Friday, you will receive in your email a five minute selection from a chapter of a book. By the end of the week, you’ll have read 2 – 3 chapters. Every Monday we start new books. Sign up and start reading.
Book Discussion Kits | List of Available Kits
Each kit contains:
- multiple copies of each title
- suggested discussion questions
- an author interview and / or biography
- sign-out sheet for your use when distributing books to your group members
Kit circulation policy:
- may be checked out for 6 weeks
- may be renewed for 1 additional week if there are no holds
- holds may be placed on 1 kit at a time
- the fine for an overdue discussion kit is $ 1.00 per day
- the fine for a kit returned incomplete is $ 1.00 per day
When distributing discussion kit books to your group members, please tell them to return the book to you, not the library.