Library Book Groups
- September 21 - Title selection to be determined.
- October 19 - Title selection to be determined.
- July 16 - Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin
- August 20 - Your favorite
- September 17 - Title selection to be determined.
- October 15 - Title selection to be determined.
- July 27 - The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- August 24 - The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani
- September 28 - Big Brother / Lionel Shriver
- October 26 - Little Bee / Chris Cleave
- July 8 - Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin
- August 12 - Your favorite
- September 9 - Title selection to be determined.
- October 14 - Title selection to be determined.
Tuesdays at 10:00 AM
The Outreach Department is committed to bringing the library to people who would otherwise not be able to utilize our services. The library is currently hosting two book discussions for developmentally or intellectually challenged patrons in our area. Both groups meet at CJ’s Lakeside Grill in Downtown Lake Orion. If you know anyone with special needs who would be interested in joining our book discussion please contact the Outreach Services Department at 248.693.3000 x309.
Email Book Clubs
Every day, Monday through Friday, you will receive in your email a five minute selection from a chapter of a book. By the end of the week, you’ll have read 2 – 3 chapters. Every Monday we start new books. Sign up and start reading.
Book Discussion Kits | List of Available Kits
Each kit contains:
- multiple copies of each title
- suggested discussion questions
- an author interview and / or biography
- sign-out sheet for your use when distributing books to your group members
Kit circulation policy:
- may be checked out for 6 weeks
- may be renewed for 1 additional week if there are no holds
- holds may be placed on 1 kit at a time
- the fine for an overdue discussion kit is $ 1.00 per day
- the fine for a kit returned incomplete is $ 1.00 per day
When distributing discussion kit books to your group members, please tell them to return the book to you, not the library.