Library Book Groups
- February 9 - Any cookbook by Lidia Matticchio Bastianich
- April 13 - How to Cook Everything Vegetarian / Mark Bittman
- February 19 - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- March 19 - The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- April 16 - Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by J. Ford
- May 21 - Title selection to be determined.
- February 11 - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- March 11 - The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- April 8 - Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by J. Ford
- May 13 - Title selection to be determined.
Tuesdays at 10:00 AM
The Outreach Department is committed to bringing the library to people who would otherwise not be able to utilize our services. The library is currently hosting two book discussions for developmentally or intellectually challenged patrons in our area. Both groups meet at CJ’s Lakeside Grill in Downtown Lake Orion. If you know anyone with special needs who would be interested in joining our book discussion please contact the Outreach Services Department at 248.693.3000 x309.
Email Book Clubs
Every day, Monday through Friday, you will receive in your email a five minute selection from a chapter of a book. By the end of the week, you’ll have read 2 – 3 chapters. Every Monday we start new books. Sign up and start reading.
Book Discussion Kits | List of Available Kits
Each kit contains:
- multiple copies of each title
- suggested discussion questions
- an author interview and / or biography
- sign-out sheet for your use when distributing books to your group members
Kit circulation policy:
- may be checked out for 6 weeks
- may be renewed for 1 additional week if there are no holds
- holds may be placed on 1 kit at a time
- the fine for an overdue discussion kit is $ 1.00 per day
- the fine for a kit returned incomplete is $ 1.00 per day
When distributing discussion kit books to your group members, please tell them to return the book to you, not the library.