Library Book Groups
- April 13 - How to Cook Everything Vegetarian / Mark Bittman
- April 20 - Orphan Train / Christina Baker Kline
- June 15 - Title selection to be determined.
- April 16 - Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by J. Ford
- May 21 - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
- June 18 - The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- July 16 - Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin
- April 27 - In the Shadow of the Banyan / Vaddey Ratner
- June 1 - Title selection to be determined.
- July 27 - Title selection to be determined.
- April 8 - Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by J. Ford
- May 13 - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- June 10 - The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- July 8 - Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin
Tuesdays at 10:00 AM
The Outreach Department is committed to bringing the library to people who would otherwise not be able to utilize our services. The library is currently hosting two book discussions for developmentally or intellectually challenged patrons in our area. Both groups meet at CJ’s Lakeside Grill in Downtown Lake Orion. If you know anyone with special needs who would be interested in joining our book discussion please contact the Outreach Services Department at 248.693.3000 x309.
Email Book Clubs
Every day, Monday through Friday, you will receive in your email a five minute selection from a chapter of a book. By the end of the week, you’ll have read 2 – 3 chapters. Every Monday we start new books. Sign up and start reading.
Book Discussion Kits | List of Available Kits
Each kit contains:
- multiple copies of each title
- suggested discussion questions
- an author interview and / or biography
- sign-out sheet for your use when distributing books to your group members
Kit circulation policy:
- may be checked out for 6 weeks
- may be renewed for 1 additional week if there are no holds
- holds may be placed on 1 kit at a time
- the fine for an overdue discussion kit is $ 1.00 per day
- the fine for a kit returned incomplete is $ 1.00 per day
When distributing discussion kit books to your group members, please tell them to return the book to you, not the library.