Using an Orion Library card, library patrons are able to download and access eBook and eAudiobook titles via computer, eBook reader or compatible mobile devices.
Library eBook / eAudiobook Overview
- Patrons may check out up to 10 titles at a time (combined eBooks & eAudiobooks)
- Titles may be checked out for 7 , 14 or 21 days.
- At the end of a checkout period, titles will automatically disable. There are no late fees.
Library eBook Formats
- OverDrive Read – Accessible on any device with a full-featured Internet browser
- Kindle Book – Accessible using a Kindle device or the Kindle App (App accessibility varies by title)
- ePub – Accessible using a variety of non-Kindle devices
- Open ePub – Accessible using a variety of non-Kindle devices
- PDF – Accessible using a variety of non-Kindle devices
Library eAudiobook Formats
- WMA – requires Windows OS; not available through mobile apps
- MP3 – compatible with Windows & Mac, portable audio devices and some portable reading devices
OverDrive Media Console App
Read and listen to eBooks & audiobooks from your library on the go or at home with OverDrive Media Console. The app is available for every major desktop and mobile platform, including Windows, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android phones and tablets, Kindle, NOOK, Windows 8 PC and tablet, Blackberry and Windows Phone. Download the OverDrive App here.
“Going Mobile” Help Videos by OverDrive
Get started quickly with digital books and more using these short, step by step videos. Each series is designed to help you browse, check out, and download from an OverDrive-powered site, and have you enjoying your favorite titles in no time.