Our third annual Passport to Spring fundraising event was not only a fun evening, it was our most financially successful to date! We owe a big thank you to Mexicanas in Michigan, who worked with the Friends to provide a traditional Mexican fiesta, with displays representing five of the most traditional and authentic Mexican states, […]
The Friends of the Orion Township Library invite you to join us for our third annual fundraiser. Passport to Spring: Mexico, an evening of colors, flavors, and traditions tomorrow night, Saturday, May 16, from 7:00 – 10:00pm at the Orion Township Public Library. Come prepared to enjoy: a delicious Mexican buffet provided by Forest Mexican […]
Monday, June 1 through Saturday, June 6
Come browse the thousands of books available at the Friends Book Sale at very reasonable prices: hardcover and large paperback books are $1, paperbacks and childrens books are $.50 cents.
- Monday, June 1 from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM - Local Teacher Night
- Tuesday, June 2 from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM - Friends Member Night
- Wednesday, June 3 from 9:30 AM to 8:30 PM - Open to the General Public
- Thursday, June 4 from 9:30 AM to 8:30 PM - Open to the General Public
- Friday, June 5 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM - All Books Half Off
- Saturday, June 6 from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - Bag Day: Get a bagful of books for $ 5.00
Monday, June 1 through Saturday, June 20
Baskets will be on display in the library's main lobby. Bidding will end at 4:00 PM on Saturday, June 20 and winning bidders will be notified early the following week. All funds raised will help support library programming.
About the Friends
The Friends are a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization that was started in 1985 “to promote public support of the Orion Township Public Library and the library in the community, to promote reading, literacy and lifelong learning, and to maintain an association of persons interested in the library. Friends act in cooperation with the library board and staff, serving as a liaison between the community and library. All money raised by the Friends, except for minimal administrative costs such as postage and printing, is donated directly to the library in the way of program funding, material purchases and monetary contributions.
A copy of the Friends Bylaws can be viewed online.
Friends Board of Directors
- Diane Griffiths – President
- Pat Belanger – Vice President
- Rob Zelinski – Secretary
- Christine Martinico – Treasurer
- Patty Warrick – Book Sale Chair
- Vacant – Membership Chair