The Friends of the Orion Township Library, in collaboration with the group Mexicanas en Michigan, invite you to join us for Passport to Spring: Mexico. Experience a festive and magical evening as our library is transformed into five of the most traditional and colorful states of Mexico. Prepare to enjoy live mariachi band music, traditional […]
The Friends of the Orion Township Library will be holding a fundraiser at Leo’s Coney Island, 281 S. Broadway (M-24) in Lake Orion on Friday, February 27 from 5 pm – 8 pm. You don’t need to bring a flyer or a coupon or even mention that you are there to support the Friends. All […]
Monday, June 1 through Saturday, June 6
Come browse the thousands of books available at the Friends Book Sale at very reasonable prices: hardcover and large paperback books are $1, paperbacks and childrens books are $.50 cents.
- Monday, June 1 from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM - Local Teacher Night
- Tuesday, June 2 from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM - Friends Member Night
- Wednesday, June 3 from 9:30 AM to 8:30 PM - Open to the General Public
- Thursday, June 4 from 9:30 AM to 8:30 PM - Open to the General Public
- Friday, June 5 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM - All Books Half Off
- Saturday, June 6 from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - Bag Day: Get a bagful of books for $ 5.00
Saturday, May 16 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
The Friends of the Orion Township Library, in collaboration with the group Mexicanas en Michigan, invite you to join us at our 2015 Passport to Spring Mexico: An Evening of Colors, Flavors and Traditions. Experience a festive and magical evening as our library is transformed into five of the most traditional and colorful states of Mexico. Prepare to enjoy live mariachi band music, traditional folk dances, and a variety of authentic Mexican food and drinks. Learn interesting historical and cultural facts about Mexico!
Buy Tickets Now
About the Friends
The Friends are a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization that was started in 1985 “to promote public support of the Orion Township Public Library and the library in the community, to promote reading, literacy and lifelong learning, and to maintain an association of persons interested in the library. Friends act in cooperation with the library board and staff, serving as a liaison between the community and library. All money raised by the Friends, except for minimal administrative costs such as postage and printing, is donated directly to the library in the way of program funding, material purchases and monetary contributions.
A copy of the Friends Bylaws can be viewed online.
Friends Board of Directors
- Vacant – President
- Pat Belanger – Vice President
- Diane Griffiths – Secretary
- Christine Martinico – Treasurer
- Patty Warrick – Book Sale Chair
- Vacant – Membership Chair