The Friends will be hosting their fifth annual Passport to Spring fundraising event on Saturday, April 29, from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm. The library will be filled with Polish music, food, art and culture. Tickets will be available March 27 for this fun event. Enjoy an evening out while supporting your library!
Time for something new to read? Check out the Friends Winter Gently Used Book Sale. Tuesday, January 24, 10 am – 8:30 pm Friends members and local teachers, Friends memberships available for purchase at the door. Wednesday, January 25 and Thursday, January 26, 9:30 am – 8:30 pm open to the public Friday, January 27, […]
Tuesday, May 16 through Saturday, May 20
Audience: All Ages
Come browse the thousands of books available at the Friends Gently Used Book Sale. Hardcover and large paperbacks are $1.00, paperbacks and all children's books are $0.50.
- Tuesday, May 16 from 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM - Friends Member Day
- Wednesday, May 17 from 9:30 AM - 8:30 PM - Open to the Public
- Thursday, May 18 from 9:30 AM - 8:30 PM - Open to the Public
- Friday, May 19 from 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM - 1/2 Off Day
- Saturday, May 20 from 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM - $5.00 Bag Day (bags supplied by the Friends)
Saturday, April 29 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
On Saturday, April 29 the library will be filled with Polish music, food, culture, and entertainment as we "visit" Poland for the evening. This the Friends biggest fundraiser of the year, and our goal is to raise $10,000 with this event. The evening will include a 50/50 raffle and silent auction. The proceeds from this event will be used to upgrade the technology in the library's Teen Room.
Tickets will be available for $35.00 at the library or online beginning on Monday, March 27. Tickets will also be available for $40.00 at the door.
Help the Friends Help the Library
Proceeds from “Friends” merchandise support the funding of library programming. Samples are on display at the library’s front desk.
- Book Bags – $ 2.00 – $ 15.00
- Friends T-Shirts – $ 10.00
Kroger Community Rewards
Sign up for Community Rewards and a portion of your shopping bill will be donated to the Friends of the Orion Library when you use your Kroger Plus Card.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Friends of the Orion Township Library whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
About the Friends
The Friends are a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization that was started in 1985 “to promote public support of the Orion Township Public Library and the library in the community, to promote reading, literacy and lifelong learning, and to maintain an association of persons interested in the library.” Friends act in cooperation with the library board and staff, serving as a liaison between the community and library. All money raised by the Friends, except for minimal administrative costs such as postage and printing, is donated directly to the library in the way of program funding, material purchases and monetary contributions.
Friends of the Orion Township Library Bylaws – Amended April 25, 2016
Friends Board of Directors
- President – Diane Griffiths
- Vice President – Pat Belanger
- Secretary – Rob Zielinski
- Treasurer – Christine Martinico
- Deputy Treasurer – Bob Bambach
- Book Sale Chair – Linda Jezuit
- Fundraising Chair – Mary Duenow
- PR / Marketing Chair – Vacant
- Membership Chair – Carla Tousley
Friends Board Meeting Schedule
Friends Board Meetings are held on the fourth Monday of the month at 6:30 PM unless otherwise noted.
- Monday, Feb 27 at 6:30 PM
- Monday, Mar 27 at 6:30 PM