Thanks to the generosity of area businesses and residents, there are over 50 auction baskets to bid on. This is a great way to support your library and get a start on your holiday shopping. Not sure if you want to make the trip to the library to check out the baskets? Here is a […]
Enjoy a day at the farm, and support the Friends. Present the Participation Donation Form and the Friends will receive a portion of your entry fee from Upland Hills. For more information about the festival, see this flyer.
Tuesday, January 24 through Wednesday, September 28
Come browse the thousands of books available at the Friends Gently Used Book Sale. Hardcover and large paperbacks are $1.00, paperbacks and all children's books are $0.50.
- Tuesday, January 24 from 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM - Friends Member Day
- Wednesday, January 25 from 9:30 AM - 8:30 PM - Open to the Public
- Thursday, January 26 from 9:30 AM - 8:30 PM - Open to the Public
- Friday, January 27 from 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM - 1/2 Off Day
- Saturday, January 28 from 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM - $5.00 Bag Day (bags supplied by the Friends)
Help the Friends Help the Library
Proceeds from “Friends” merchandise support the funding of library programming. Samples are on display at the library’s front desk.
- Book Bags – $ 2.00 – $ 15.00
- Friends T-Shirts – $ 10.00
Kroger Community Rewards
Sign up for Community Rewards and a portion of your shopping bill will be donated to the Friends of the Orion Library when you use your Kroger Plus Card.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Friends of the Orion Township Library whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
About the Friends
The Friends are a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization that was started in 1985 “to promote public support of the Orion Township Public Library and the library in the community, to promote reading, literacy and lifelong learning, and to maintain an association of persons interested in the library.” Friends act in cooperation with the library board and staff, serving as a liaison between the community and library. All money raised by the Friends, except for minimal administrative costs such as postage and printing, is donated directly to the library in the way of program funding, material purchases and monetary contributions.
Friends of the Orion Township Library Bylaws – Amended April 25, 2016
Friends Board of Directors
- President – Diane Griffiths
- Vice President – Pat Belanger
- Secretary – Rob Zielinski
- Treasurer – Christine Martinico
- Deputy Treasurer – Bob Bambach
- Book Sale Chair – Linda Jezuit
- Fundraising Chair – Mary Duenow
- PR / Marketing Chair – Vacant
- Membership Chair – Carla Tousley
Friends Board Meeting Schedule
Friends Board Meetings are held on the fourth Monday of the month at 6:30 PM unless otherwise noted.
- Monday, Jan 30 at 6:30 PM
- Monday, Feb 27 at 6:30 PM
- Monday, Mar 27 at 6:30 PM