Come browse more than twenty silent auction baskets, themed around a book, at the library. There are baskets for kids and adults, and quite a variety. This bike wouldn’t fit into a basket, but you could put a basket on the bike!
What do Gently Used Book Sales, Silent Basket Auctions, and shopping at Kroger have in common? They are all ways to help support the library. Both the book sale and the silent basket auction are in progress now at the library. The auction, set up in the magazine area, ends Saturday, June 20 at 4:00. […]
Monday, September 21 through Saturday, September 26
Come browse the thousands of books available at the Friends Book Sale at very reasonable prices: hardcover and large paperback books are $1, paperbacks and childrens books are $.50 cents.
- Monday, September 21 from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM - Local Teacher Night
- Tuesday, September 22 from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM - Friends Member Night
- Wednesday, September 23 from 9:30 AM to 8:30 PM - Open to the General Public
- Thursday, September 24 from 9:30 AM to 8:30 PM - Open to the General Public
- Friday, September 25 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM - All Books Half Off
- Saturday, September 26 from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - Bag Day: Get a bagful of books for $ 5.00
About the Friends
The Friends are a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization that was started in 1985 “to promote public support of the Orion Township Public Library and the library in the community, to promote reading, literacy and lifelong learning, and to maintain an association of persons interested in the library. Friends act in cooperation with the library board and staff, serving as a liaison between the community and library. All money raised by the Friends, except for minimal administrative costs such as postage and printing, is donated directly to the library in the way of program funding, material purchases and monetary contributions.
A copy of the Friends Bylaws can be viewed online.
Friends Board of Directors
- Diane Griffiths – President
- Pat Belanger – Vice President
- Rob Zelinski – Secretary
- Christine Martinico – Treasurer
- Melissa Griffith – Book Sale Chair
- Mary Duenow – Fundraising Chair
- Patty Warrick – PR / Marketing Chair
- Carla Tousley – Membership Chair