We ordered a few too many bento box dinners for Saturday night, so the deadline for purchasing tickets ahead of time is now 2:00 pm on Saturday, when the library closes for us to finish decorating for Passport to Spring: Japan, A Festival of Seasons. Come stroll the seasons and festivals of Japan at the […]
The Friends have started decorating the library for Passport to Spring : Japan, A Festival of Seasons, set for Saturday, April 30 from 7 – 10 at the library. Tickets are $40 until 9 pm on Thursday, April 28, when advance ticket sales will end. There will be a limited number of tickets available at […]
Monday, May 16 through Saturday, May 21
Come browse the thousands of books available at the Friends Gently Used Book Sale. Hardcover and large paperbacks are $1.00, paperbacks and all children's books are $0.50.
- Monday, May 16 from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM - Local Teacher Night
- Tuesday, May 17 from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM - Friends Members Night
- Wednesday, May 18 from 9:30 AM to 8:30 PM - Open to the General Public
- Thursday, May 19 from 9:30 AM to 8:30 PM - Open to the General Public
- Friday, May 20 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM - All Books Half Off
- Saturday, May 21 from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - Bag Day: Fill a bag provided by the Friends for $5.00
About the Friends
The Friends are a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization that was started in 1985 “to promote public support of the Orion Township Public Library and the library in the community, to promote reading, literacy and lifelong learning, and to maintain an association of persons interested in the library.” Friends act in cooperation with the library board and staff, serving as a liaison between the community and library. All money raised by the Friends, except for minimal administrative costs such as postage and printing, is donated directly to the library in the way of program funding, material purchases and monetary contributions.
Friends of Orion Township Library Bylaws – Amended April 23, 2015.
Friends Board of Directors
- President – Diane Griffiths
- Vice President – Pat Belanger
- Secretary – Rob Zielinski
- Treasurer – Christine Martinico
- Deputy Treasurer – Bob Bambach
- Book Sale Chair – Vacant
- Fundraising Chair – Mary Duenow
- PR / Marketing Chair – Vacant
- Membership Chair – Carla Tousley