This week! May 16 – 21 Tuesday, 5 – 8:30 Friends Preview Night (memberships may be purchased at the door) Wednesday, 9:30 – 8:30 pm Thursday, 9:30 – 8:30 pm Friday, 9:30 – 4:30, Half Off Day Saturday, 9:30 – 1:30 Bag Day (Fill a paper grocery bag supplied by the Friends for $5) Now […]
Get ready for your summer reading! Friends of the Orion Township Library Spring Gently Used Book Sale at the library. All children’s books 50 cents, paperbacks 50 cents, hard cover books $1 Tuesday, May 17 Friends of the Library Preview Night 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm Friends members only – memberships available for purchase at […]
Monday, September 19 through Saturday, September 24
Come browse the thousands of books available at the Friends Gently Used Book Sale. Hardcover and large paperbacks are $1.00, paperbacks and all children's books are $0.50.
- Tuesday, September 20 from 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM - Friends Member Day
- Wednesday, September 21 from 9:30 AM - 8:30 PM - Open to the Public
- Thursday, September 22 from 9:30 AM - 8:30 PM - Open to the Public
- Friday, September 23 from 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM - 1/2 Off Day
- Saturday, September 24 from 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM - $5.00 Bag Day (bags supplied by the Friends)
Help the Friends Help the Library
Proceeds from “Friends” merchandise support the funding of library programming. Samples are on display at the library’s front desk.
- Book Bags – $ 2.00 – $ 15.00
- Friends T-Shirts – $ 10.00
Kroger Community Rewards
Sign up for Community Rewards and a portion of your shopping bill will be donated to the Friends of the Orion Library when you use your Kroger Plus Card.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Friends of the Orion Township Library whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
About the Friends
The Friends are a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization that was started in 1985 “to promote public support of the Orion Township Public Library and the library in the community, to promote reading, literacy and lifelong learning, and to maintain an association of persons interested in the library.” Friends act in cooperation with the library board and staff, serving as a liaison between the community and library. All money raised by the Friends, except for minimal administrative costs such as postage and printing, is donated directly to the library in the way of program funding, material purchases and monetary contributions.
Friends of the Orion Township Library Bylaws – Amended April 25, 2016
Friends Board of Directors
- President – Diane Griffiths
- Vice President – Pat Belanger
- Secretary – Rob Zielinski
- Treasurer – Christine Martinico
- Deputy Treasurer – Bob Bambach
- Book Sale Chair – Linda Jezuit
- Fundraising Chair – Mary Duenow
- PR / Marketing Chair – Vacant
- Membership Chair – Carla Tousley
Friends Board Meeting Schedule
Friends Board Meetings are held on the fourth Monday of the month at 6:30 PM unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, Sep 27 at 6:30 PM
- Monday, Oct 24 at 6:30 PM
- Monday, Nov 28 at 6:30 PM