- American Women Writers
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Popular Musicians Since 1990
- Business Leader Profiles for Students
- Contemporary Black Biography
- Contemporary Hispanic Biography
- Women in the World
Biographies from Gale Group sources and full-text articles from hundreds of periodicals. Search for people based on one or more personal facts such as birth and death year, nationality, ethnicity, occupation or gender, or combine criteria to create a highly-targeted custom search.
Designed to help you decide what to read next. Search by character, topic, setting, time period, genre, title, author, and series. Includes over 140,000 titles, 50,000 authors, and thousands of read-alike, award winner, and librarian's favorites lists. Titles include both fiction and non-fiction.
This database is designed for high school students, with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
A comprehensive, interactive online learning platform of e-study guides, practice tests and tutorial course series designed to help patrons—students and adult learners—succeed on the academic or licensing tests they must pass. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results. To access LearningExpress Library, you will be asked to create an account.
Download and listen to classic titles using your computer or supported mobile device. New users will be asked to create an account and authenticate using your Orion Library card.
- Trek's Travels offers narrated stories, interactive games, and original videos that teach critical early childhood themes, including numbers, shapes, colors, opposites, and more.
- Welcome to Reading provides leveled instruction to help young readers develop and strengthen phonics, vocabulary, phonemic awareness, and comprehension skills.
- Know It offers a richly visual kids' online encyclopedia that will captivate early learners with non-fiction topics of interest and importance to them.