The Orion Township Public Library provides wireless internet access to our patrons on their laptops or other wireless-enabled mobile devices for web and email access. As with most public wireless “hot spots”, the library’s wireless connection is not secure. Cautious and informed wireless users should choose not to transmit their credit card information, passwords and other sensitive personal information while using any wireless “hot spot.”
The library will not be responsible for any information (i.e. credit card) that is compromised, or for any damage caused to your hardware or software due to power surges, security issues or consequences caused by viruses or hacking. All wireless access users should have up-to-date virus protection on their laptop computers or wireless devices. Anti-virus and security protection are the responsibility of the patron.
Laptop computer users must be considerate of patrons nearby and refrain from excessive noise including the playing of music or movies on the laptop without the use of headphones.
The library is not responsible for laptops left unattended.
Connecting to the “Orion_Cafe” Wireless Network
- Power up your computer and wait for the communication bubble stating “Wireless Networks Available.”
- Click the bubble to see all available Wireless Networks.
- Double click “Orion_Cafe.”
- Wait for the confirmation message “Connected!”
- Open your Internet Browser.
- Your browser will display our Internet Usage Policy. You must accept the terms of our policy before you can access the Internet.
- Click the “Accept” button and enter your email address.
- You may see a Redirect page letting you know that your browser is being redirected to your default home page.
Please let the library staff know if you have any questions or problems with this process. Some web content may be blocked based on our Public Computer Usage Policy.
Printing from your Portable Computer
You can easily connect to our printing system from your portable computer and use any of the payment options normally available when printing from Library computers.
- Install the Print Client.
- A “File Download” box will open; click the “Run” button. If “Run” is not an option, save the client and double click to begin installation. Note: Users may receive a warning cautioning the download / running of the Print Client. This is typical and users should continue with the installation.
- The “LPT:One Print Client” window will open and minimize to the Windows Taskbar / Mac Dock. Do not close this window.
- When printing, you will be prompted for a User ID and User Pin.
- If paying with funds stored on your library account, enter your library card number and PIN.
- If paying with cash, you may use any value that is easy for you to remember. You will need this information when retrieving your documents from the release station.
- When you are finished, close the “LPT:One Print Client” window or shut down your computer. The print application will be removed from your device.
|Schedule of Fees|
|B/W Prints||$ 0.10 per page|
|Color Prints||$ 0.25 per page|
Unacceptable Use Policy
- Users shall not intentionally develop programs that harass other users or infiltrate a computer or computing system or damage or alter the software components of this or other computing systems.
- Users shall not use the Library’s Internet access for any purpose that violates U.S. or State laws, to transmit threatening, obscene or harassing materials, or child pornography. Users shall not interfere with or disrupt network users, services or equipment. Disruptions include, but not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertising, propagation of computer worms and viruses, and using the wired or wireless networks to make unauthorized entry to any other machine accessible via the network.
- Users may not represent themselves as another person.
- Malicious use is not acceptable. Use of the Internet in the library in a manner that precludes or significantly hampers its use by others is not allowed.
- Failure to follow guidelines of the Internet policy may result in expulsion from the library.
- Wireless users must comply with all provisions of the Orion Township Public Library Internet Policy (available at the Reference Desk.) Any activities deemed illegal apply to you whether you are on a Library-owned computer or your own computer.