The Orion Library offers a variety of book group options throughout the month, as well as an email book club and book club kits for those of you with book clubs of your own. New members are always welcome.
Book Groups at the Library
- Thursday, September 19 at 1:30 PM
- Thursday, October 17 at 1:30 PM
Cook the Book
- Monday, October 7 at 7:00 PM
Library Book Groups In the Community
Book Bunch – Orion Center
- Wednesday, September 11 at 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 9 at 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, November 13 at 1:00 PM
Dine, Drink & Discuss – CJ’s Lakeside Grill
- Monday, August 26 at 7:00 PM
- Monday, September 23 at 7:00 PM
- Monday, October 28 at 7:00 PM
Next Chapter Book Club – CJ’s Lakeside Grill
The Outreach Department is committed to bringing the library to people who would otherwise not be able to utilize our services. The library is currently hosting two weekly book discussions – Mondays at 10:00 AM and Tuesdays at 10:00 AM – for developmentally or intellectually challenged patrons in our area.
If you know anyone with special needs who would be interested in joining our book discussion please contact the Outreach Services Department at (248) 693-3000 x414.
Online Book Clubs
Every day, Monday through Friday, you will receive in your email a five minute selection from a chapter of a book. By the end of the week, you’ll have read 2 – 3 chapters. Every Monday we start new books. Sign up and start reading.
Book Discussion Kits | List of Available Kits
Each kit contains:
- multiple copies of each title
- suggested discussion questions
- an author interview and / or biography
- sign-out sheet for your use when distributing books to your group members
Kit circulation policy:
- may be checked out for 6 weeks
- may be renewed for 1 additional week if there are no holds
- holds may be placed on 1 kit at a time
- the fine for an overdue discussion kit is $ 1.00 per day
- the fine for a kit returned incomplete is $ 1.00 per day
When distributing discussion kit books to your group members, please tell them to return the book to you, not the library.