Thank you for all your patience as we work through this challenging time and all of its changes. As of June 1, we are following the latest MDHHS order which means:
- We are limited to 50% or less of indoor building capacity, therefore still no indoor meetings or meeting rooms available.
- Fully vaccinated patrons are no long required to wear a mask or social distance at the library. Unvaccinated patrons are still required to do those things, and masks are still available.
- All are encouraged to use hand sanitizer and wash hands frequently.
- Fully vaccinated library staff will also have the option to work without a mask.
- Patron’s time in the library will no longer be limited, however, we ask patrons to be aware of the 50% occupancy limit and be respectful of others at times when patrons are waiting to enter.
- Study rooms are limited to individual use, but small groups may use tables or booths.
- Appointments are available to use the Makerspace equipment or to be trained on how to use the equipment.
- Library programs are being held outside this month.
As a reminder, current library hours are:
- Monday – Thursday: 9:30 AM to 9:00 PM
- Friday – Saturday: 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Curbside Pickup is still available, with slightly shorter hours to allow staff to assist patrons both in the library and curbside:
- Monday – Thursday: 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Friday – Saturday: 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Self-checkout is available inside the library and returns are accepted at our indoor book drop in addition to our outdoor book drops. Payments are accepted by our staff in the lobby (cash, credit cards, and checks accepted for fine and fee payments).
We have shortened our quarantine period to 2 days for returned items.
As of Monday, June 14, 2021, we will no longer be quarantining returned items.
The Friends of the Orion Township Library are planning a donation collection day where your used books will be accepted outside in the parking lot on Saturday, June 19 from 9:30a to 12:30p. This is currently the ONLY time we can accept donations. We are hoping to also have a parking lot book sale on Saturday, July 17, so save that date!
The Orion Center Branch library is open Monday through Friday to pick up materials or use computers from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.