How it Works
- Weather permitting, Curbside Pickup will be available:
- Monday and Thursday: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday: – 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday: NO Curbside Pickup
- Hold requests can be placed online or by phone. When the items are available, you will be notified by email, phone call, or text message.
- When you arrive at the library, you will pull into one of our 3 numbered parking spots located in the side parking lot and send a text message to the number posted on our curbside pickup signage.
- Items will be checked out by library staff and be delivered to you in a paper bag with a receipt by library staff. Staff will deliver the bag to your trunk or through an open car window. Staff will not accept return items during this transaction. Items must be returned to one of our dropboxes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can anybody use this service?
Yes, if you are a registered library card holder at the Orion Township Public Library.
What if I don’t have texting capabilities?
Please call the library before you leave home to let us know you are on your way. When you arrive, please park in the first available spot next to the drive-up dropbox.
What if I don’t have a card?
Orion residents can register for a card online. Once registered, you’ll need to visit the library’s Help Desk with proof of Orion residence to claim your card. New cards can not be claimed curbside.
When should I pick up my hold after placing it?
Please do not come to the library to pick up your hold until you have received an email or phone call from the library notifying you that the hold is ready.
What if my card is blocked from placing holds?
Please call (248) 693-3000 and speak to a Support Services Clerk to find out how to clear the block.
Can I pay fines?
We will not be taking fine payments during curbside pickup transactions. Fines can be paid online.
How many items my I pick up at a time?
You may request 10 items per library card per pickup.
What if I placed a hold that I no longer need?
Please log in to your account and cancel any holds you no longer need or contact a staff member to cancel any holds for you.
How do I renew my materials?
All materials, with the exception of new movies, will automatically renew 2 times as long as there are no other patrons waiting for the item. MeLCat items will automatically renew 1 time if allowed by the loaning library.
What about returns?
All materials can be returned to any of our dropboxes. Please do not hand items to staff.