A Friendly Update…
How To Join the Friends:
- If you’re interested in joining the Friends of the Orion Township Library or renewing your membership, please visit https://orionlibrary.org/friends/membership/join/.
- Questions? Email the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our Contact Form.
Donating Used Books and Materials
The Friends of the Orion Township Library are once again accepting used book donations. For more information, please see the library’s Make a Donation page.
Help the Friends Help the Library
Kroger Community Rewards
Sign up for Community Rewards and a portion of your shopping bill will be donated to the Friends of the Orion Library when you use your Kroger Plus Card.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Friends of the Orion Township Library whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
About the Friends
The Friends are a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization that was started in 1985 “to promote public support of the Orion Township Public Library and the library in the community, to promote reading, literacy and lifelong learning, and to maintain an association of persons interested in the library.” Friends act in cooperation with the library board and staff, serving as a liaison between the community and library. All money raised by the Friends, except for minimal administrative costs such as postage and printing, is donated directly to the library in the way of program funding, material purchases and monetary contributions.
Friends of the Orion Township Library Bylaws – Adopted April 17, 2017; Amended April 13, 2021
Friends Board of Directors
- President – Don Walker
- Vice President – Michelle Jerome
- Secretary – Shae Smith
- Treasurer – Carla Tousley
- Book Sale Chair – Dale Bell
- Fundraising Chair – Vacant
- Membership Chair – Michelle Jerome
- PR / Marketing Chair – Vacant
Friends Board Meeting Schedule
Friends Board Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, August 9 at 6:30 PM - Friends of the Library Board Meeting
- Tuesday, September 13 at 6:30 PM - Friends of the Library Board Meeting
- Tuesday, October 11 at 6:30 PM - Friends of the Library Board Meeting