Saturday, November 11 through Saturday, December 2
- All Ages
Plan a visit to the library in November to bid on holiday baskets themed around, and including, a book. Baskets make a wonderful gift, so come check them out and get a start on your holiday shopping. Be sure to check back to make sure you will win the baskets you want.
Contact the Friends at email@example.com or 248-693-3000 x350 if you would like to donate an item, book, or basket for the auction.
Help the Friends Help the Library
Proceeds from “Friends” merchandise support the funding of library programming. Samples are on display at the library’s front desk.
- Book Bags – $ 2.00 – $ 15.00
- Friends T-Shirts – $ 10.00
Kroger Community Rewards
Sign up for Community Rewards and a portion of your shopping bill will be donated to the Friends of the Orion Library when you use your Kroger Plus Card.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Friends of the Orion Township Library whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
About the Friends
The Friends are a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization that was started in 1985 “to promote public support of the Orion Township Public Library and the library in the community, to promote reading, literacy and lifelong learning, and to maintain an association of persons interested in the library.” Friends act in cooperation with the library board and staff, serving as a liaison between the community and library. All money raised by the Friends, except for minimal administrative costs such as postage and printing, is donated directly to the library in the way of program funding, material purchases and monetary contributions.
Friends of the Orion Township Library Bylaws – Amended April 17, 2017
Friends Board of Directors
- President – Marty Wheeler
- Vice President – Jan Thomas
- Secretary – Don Walker
- Treasurer – Carla Tousley
- Deputy Treasurer – Bob Bambach
- Book Sale Chair – Steve Hoffman
- Fundraising Chair – Mary Duenow
- Membership Chair – Vacant
- PR / Marketing Chair – David DeGrandchamp
Friends Board Meeting Schedule
Friends Board Meetings are held on the fourth Monday of the month at 6:30 PM unless otherwise noted.
- Wednesday, October 25 at 6:30 PM - Friends of the Library Board Meeting
- Tuesday, November 28 at 6:30 PM - Friends of the Library Board Meeting
- Wednesday, January 31 at 6:30 PM - Friends of the Library Board Meeting