The Friends hosted almost 300 people at Passport to Spring: A Visit to Poland at the library Saturday night. It was our most successful fundraiser to date, and a whole lot of fun! Stay tuned to find out where we will ‘visit’ next year….. Dedicated Sponsors: Cliff Hodge & Sheryl Wragg Friends of Michigan Libraries […]
Pictured left to right: Treasurer Carla Tousley, Vice President Jan Thomas, Secretary Jordan Scholz, President Rob Zielinski, Deputy Treasurer Bob Bambach.
Tuesday, September 19 through Saturday, September 23
- All Ages
Come browse the thousands of books available at the Friends Gently Used Book Sale. Hardcover and large paperbacks are $1.00, paperbacks and all children's books are $0.50.
- Tuesday, September 19 from 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM - Friends Member Day
- Wednesday, September 20 from 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM - Open to the Public
- Thursday, September 21 from 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM - Open to the Public
- Friday, September 22 from 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM - 1/2 Off Day
- Saturday, September 23 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM - $5.00 Bag Day (bags supplied by the Friends)
Help the Friends Help the Library
Proceeds from “Friends” merchandise support the funding of library programming. Samples are on display at the library’s front desk.
- Book Bags – $ 2.00 – $ 15.00
- Friends T-Shirts – $ 10.00
Kroger Community Rewards
Sign up for Community Rewards and a portion of your shopping bill will be donated to the Friends of the Orion Library when you use your Kroger Plus Card.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Friends of the Orion Township Library whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
About the Friends
The Friends are a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization that was started in 1985 “to promote public support of the Orion Township Public Library and the library in the community, to promote reading, literacy and lifelong learning, and to maintain an association of persons interested in the library.” Friends act in cooperation with the library board and staff, serving as a liaison between the community and library. All money raised by the Friends, except for minimal administrative costs such as postage and printing, is donated directly to the library in the way of program funding, material purchases and monetary contributions.
Friends of the Orion Township Library Bylaws – Amended April 17, 2017
Friends Board of Directors
- President – Rob Zielinski
- Vice President – Jan Thomas
- Secretary – Vacant
- Treasurer – Carla Tousley
- Deputy Treasurer – Bob Bambach
- Book Sale Chair – Steve Hoffman
- Fundraising Chair – Mary Duenow
- Membership Chair – Vacant
- PR / Marketing Chair – David DeGrandchamp
Friends Board Meeting Schedule
Friends Board Meetings are held on the fourth Monday of the month at 6:30 PM unless otherwise noted.
- Monday, August 28 at 6:30 PM - Friends of the Library Board Meeting
- Monday, September 25 at 6:30 PM - Friends of the Library Board Meeting
- Monday, October 23 at 6:30 PM - Friends of the Library Board Meeting