The General Federation of Women’s Clubs (GFWC) – Lake Orion is a community service club for civic-minded women of all ages. We are a dynamic and growing organization with warm, friendly, and active members. Please join us at one of our monthly meetings held September through May at the Orion Township Public Library.
To unite the women of Lake Orion in service projects that enhance the lives of others as well as improve the community.
- Joined GFWC Michigan in 1918
- Joined GFWC International in 1932
- Founded the Lake Orion Library (now the Orion Township Public Library) in 1926
- Started the PTA in 1928
- 100th Anniversary in 2014
During the club year, GFWC Lake Orion members contribute approximately 8,000 hours of volunteer work, participating in Red Cross blood drive, the Guiding Harbor auction, and many additional community projects. The major interest of GFWC Lake Orion is the Orion Community, however state and international projects are supported.
Areas of Interest
- The Arts
- Domestic Violence
- Home Life
- International Affairs
- Public Affairs
- Guiding Harbor — GFWC Michigan’s Guiding Harbor Project is a residential facility for abused adolescents. Located in Belleville, Guiding Harbor’s programs include residential care, foster care, and supervised independent living.
- Veterans Hospital — Members donate supplies and make lap robes for veterans.
- Scholarships — GFWC Lake Orion awards an annual scholarship to one Lake Orion High School senior and an annual MY Leads scholarship to a high school sophomore.
We also contribute to the GFWC Michigan Arts Scholarship, the GFWC Michigan Education Foundation, and the Michigan Youth Leadership Scholarship, as well as assist the Orion Township Public Library, Red Cross, HAVEN and other volunteer groups when requested.