Covering both U.S. and world history topics, History Reference Center is a full-text database featuring historical reference books, magazines, journals and thousands of primary source documents.
Note for Educators: History Reference Center features variety of resources to help educators prepare their students to meet curriculum goals, such as lesson plans and rich multimedia content to enhance delivery. In addition, articles include Lexile® Measures to address text complexity requirements. History Reference Center also links to EBSCO’s Curriculum Standards Module, a tool that can help teachers in the U.S. and Canada correlate EBSCO content quickly and easily to Common Core, state, or provincial curriculum standards.
- More than 650,000 full-text records from peer-reviewed journals, reference books, periodicals and other sources
- More than 74,000 full-text primary source documents
- More than 81,000 full-text biographies of historical figures
- Nearly 2,000 full-text reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books
- Full-text content from more than 140 leading history journals
- Nearly 45,000 images, including maps and historical photos
- 83+ hours of historical video