With an Orion Library card, Orion residents can download and access eBooks, eMagazines, and audiobooks using a computer, eBook reader, or compatible mobile device.
- Patrons may check out up to 10 titles at a time. eMagazines do not count toward your 10 title limit.
- Titles may be checked out for 7 , 14 or 21 days.
- At the end of a checkout period, titles will automatically disable. There are no late fees.
OverDrive / Libby Tutorial
- OverDrive Read – Accessible on any device with a full-featured Internet browser
- Kindle Book – Accessible using a Kindle device or the Kindle App (App accessibility varies by title)
- ePub – Accessible using a variety of non-Kindle devices
- Open ePub – Accessible using a variety of non-Kindle devices
- PDF – Accessible using a variety of non-Kindle devices
- OverDrive Listen – Streaming audio files (requiring an active Internet connection) available on any device with a compatible web browser
- MP3 – Downloadable audio files compatible with Windows & Mac, portable audio devices, and some portable reading devices
Mobile / Desktop Apps
Libby (Android / iOS)
Libby is a completely rebuilt app for accessing OverDrive eBooks and Audiobooks with a more intuitive interface and simplified account management. Libby can also be accessed through a web browser at https://libbyapp.com/.
OverDrive (Amazon / Android / Chrome OS / iOS / Windows)
Read and listen to eBooks & audiobooks from your library on the go or at home with OverDrive Media Console. This app will be removed from app stores on February 23, 2022. Users who have previously installed the app will still be able to use it without disruption.
“Going Mobile” Help Videos by OverDrive
Get started quickly with digital books and more using these short, step by step videos. Each series is designed to help you browse, check out, and download from an OverDrive-powered site, and have you enjoying your favorite titles in no time.