If you’re new to using computers, mobile devices, the internet, or just want to learn more, we’ll help you out! Below are a few selected resources that will help build your tech skills. All of these resources are free and are accessible wherever is convenient for you. If you would like additional assistance, or just want to learn more about technology, click this link to schedule a one-on-one Tech Help session with a librarian.
General Beginner Tutorials
- Digital Learn – Learn essential digital skills with short and digestible videos from basic computing and internet use to learning how to sign up for health insurance or purchasing plane tickets online.
- Digital Skills Library – The Digital Skills Library is an open repository of free learning resources designed to help all adult learners develop the digital skills needed to achieve their personal, civic, educational, and career goals.
- GCF Global – From Microsoft Office and email to beginner computer skills and more—GCFGlobal.org offers more than 200 topics, including more than 2,300 lessons, more than 2,000 videos, and more than 50 interactives and games, completely free.
- Applied Digital Skills on Grow with Google – Learn job-ready skills from anywhere with Google’s video-based lessons, free of charge. Lessons range from digital wellness and safety, evaluating credibility of websites, and learning Google Workspace.
- Learn My Way – Learn My Way is a website of free online courses for beginners, helping you develop digital skills to make the most of the online world. Some courses require registration with email and password to track progress in lesson.
- Techboomers – Text and image based tutorials on a variety of apps and websites that cover topics such as entertainment, shopping, travel, online dating, and social media.
- Learning Express Library – Features online tutorials, practice tests, and eBooks to help patrons of all ages. It offers job search and workplace skills improvement, skill building in reading, writing, math, and basic science, career certification and licensure exam prep, college and grad school entrance test prep, GED® test prep, and more. When accessing LearningExpress Library, you will be asked to create an account. This personal account allows users to save their work in progress, store score reports, and revisit practice tests, tutorials, or eBooks. Registration only requires a valid email address and password.
- LinkedIn Learning – Contains over 16,000 professionally produced courses in Business, Technology, and Creative Arts. All courses are structured by instructional designers, taught by real-world experts, and shot with extremely high production quality. **LinkedIn Learning is available for Orion residents with a valid library card only**