Welcome to the Teen Room!
Welcome to the Teen Room at the Orion Township Public Library! There are a few guidelines we ask patrons to follow along with some really neat features you can read about below.
Teen Room Guidelines
- Patrons between 6th and 12th grade welcome!
- Children under 6th grade are welcome to come in and get a book but should reserve computer use and study space for teens.
- Adults are welcome to utilize the teen room during school hours on weekdays (excluding summer), only if no teens are present. Adults may also get materials from the area but space and computers are reserved for teens.
- No adult tutoring permitted, but teen peer-to-peer tutoring is encouraged.
- The door to the teen room may be closed but please keep the lights on.
- Please keep content PG-13.
Teen Room Features
- Five computers for teens to use at their leisure
- Wall mounted iPad with sound system and overhead projector
- Wall mounted wide-screen television
- Playstation 4 and Xbox One are always available for play on the wall-mounted TV
- A comfortable sitting area and table
- Charging station for phones and tablets
- All of the Lake Orion High School textbooks for students to use and study from (just outside of the teen room)
- Graphic Novels, Manga, and Magazines
- Board game collection
- New teen items, teen fiction and nonfiction books are located just outside the teen room
Video Game Consoles
The library has six video game consoles available for teens to checkout: PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii, and Nintendo Switch. If you would like to use a game system, this is what you do:
- Controllers are available for checkout with your library card at the circulation desk, or bring your own.
- PS4 and Xbox One are always available and do not require checkout.
- Other consoles (including PS4 and Xbox One) can be checked out with a monitor at the circulation desk.
- Bring one of your own games or grab a game from our collection and check it out.
- If the TV in the teen room is already in use, a monitor is available for checkout.
- Please do not leave any library technology unattended.
- Overdue gaming systems are $1.00 per hour. The same goes for the portable monitor.
If you have any questions about any of the teen room guidelines, features or game systems, please ask someone at the adult reference desk!