Welcome to the Teen Room!
Welcome to the Teen Room at the Orion Township Public Library! There are a few guidelines we ask patrons to follow along with some really neat features you can read about below.
Teen Room Guidelines
- Patrons between 6th and 12th grade welcome!
- Children under 6th grade are welcome to come in and get a book but should reserve computer use and study space for teens.
- Adults are welcome to utilize the teen room during school hours on weekdays (excluding summer), only if no teens are present. Adults may also get materials from the area but space and computers are reserved for teens.
- No adult tutoring permitted, but teen peer-to-peer tutoring is encouraged.
- The door to the teen room may be closed but please keep the lights on.
- No food is permitted in the teen room. Water is the only beverage permitted. If you wish to eat or drink, please use another area.
- Content projected or displayed on the large monitor and screen in the Teen Room must be kept to PG-13 and under.
- Games played on the Teen Room TV must be rated T or under.
Teen Room Features
- Five computers for teens to use at their leisure
- Wall mounted iPad with sound system and overhead projector
- Wall mounted wide-screen television
- Playstation 4 and Xbox One are always available for play on the wall-mounted TV
- A comfortable sitting area and table
- Charging station for phones and tablets
- All of the Lake Orion High School textbooks for students to use and study from (just outside of the teen room)
- Graphic Novels, Manga, and Magazines
- Board game collection
- New teen items, teen fiction and nonfiction books are located just outside the teen room
Video Game Consoles
The library has three video game consoles available for teens to use in the Teen Room: PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. If you would like to use a game system, this is what you do:
- Controllers are available for checkout with your library card at the circulation desk, or bring your own.
- PS4 and Xbox One are always available and do not require checkout. The Nintendo Switch can be checked out from the circulation desk for use in the Teen Room.
- Bring one of your own games or grab a game from our collection and check it out.
- Please do not leave any library technology unattended.
- Overdue gaming systems are $1.00 per hour. The same goes for the portable monitor.
- The library is not responsible for any damaging or malicious activity performed with or to personal accounts stored on library gaming consoles.
- Gaming profiles will periodically be wiped from these devices by library staff.
- When signing in to a gaming console with a personal account, remember to enable a passkey / passcode to prevent unauthorized access by other patrons.
- There is a two hour time limit on consoles (only if someone else is waiting to use them).
If you have any questions about any of the teen room guidelines, features or game systems, please ask someone at the adult reference desk!