Wireless Internet Access
The Orion Township Public Library provides wireless internet access (WiFi) to our patrons on their laptops or other wireless-enabled mobile devices for web and email access. As with most public wireless “hot spots”, the library’s wireless connection is not secure. Cautious and informed wireless users should choose not to transmit their credit card information, passwords and other sensitive personal information while using any wireless “hot spot.”
The library will not be responsible for any information (i.e. credit card) that is compromised, or for any damage caused to your hardware or software due to power surges, security issues or consequences caused by viruses or hacking. All wireless access users should have up-to-date virus protection on their laptop computers or wireless devices. Anti-virus and security protection are the responsibility of the patron.
Laptop and mobile device users must be considerate of patrons nearby and refrain from excessive noise including the playing of music or movies without the use of headphones.
The library is not responsible for laptops or mobile devices left unattended.
Internet Access Policies
The Orion Library now offers the ability to print from anywhere with any Internet / Email enabled device and claim your print jobs at one of our public printers. Users have the option to send their print jobs by email, upload their jobs to the library’s Wireless Printing Portal, or use the PrinterOn mobile app.
Method 1 – Print by Email
Log in to your email account and send / forward an email with the document(s) attached to one of printers listed:
- B/W Letter Size ($ 0.10 per page)
- Color Letter Size ($ 0.25 per page)
- B/W Legal Size ($ 0.10 per page)
- Color Legal Size ($ 0.25 per page)
Your print job(s) will be sent to the library’s Print Release Stations and can be retrieved from either Adult Services or Youth Services. The email’s body and each attachment will appear as separate jobs in your Print Queue.
Method 2 – Upload to Wireless Printing Portal
- Go to https://printeron.net/otpl/library.
- Select one of the printers listed:
- P01 B W Letter ($ 0.10 per page)
- P02 Color Letter ($ 0.25 per page)
- P05 B W Legal ($ 0.10 per page)
- P06 Color Legal ($ 0.25 per page)
- Enter your email address (required to claim your print jobs).
- Select the document:
- If printing from a website: copy and paste the site’s URL into the text box.
- If printing a document from your computer: select Browse and locate the file.
- Select the button.
- Adjust the Printing Options and select the button.
- Select the button. This will send the job to our Print Release Stations located in Adult Services and Youth Services.
Method 3 – Print using the PrinterOn Mobile App
- Install the PrinterOn app from your device’s app store. Currently available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Kindle, & Nook.
- Open the app and search for a printer:
- Location: Manually search or use your device’s GPS to find printers in your area.
- Search: Use the keywords “lake orion”, “orion township”, or “48362”.
- Optional: Tap to save the printer(s) for future use.
- Select Photos or Web and locate the photo / provided the site URL.
- Selecting a photo will direct you to the Preview page.
- Providing a URL will direct you to the website. Tapping the Printer icon will direct you to the Preview page.
- Tap the Print Options icon in the upper right corner to select the number of copies / pages to print.
- Tap the Print button and provide your email address. This will send the job to our Print Release Stations located in Adult Services and Youth Services.
Picking Up Print Jobs
Print jobs can be claimed at either of the library’s two print release stations located in Adult Services and Youth Services.
- Select Release a Print Job.
- Log in with your email address.
- Select the job(s), then select the Print button in the upper right corner.
- Select a payment method:
- Pay From Vending Device: Insert Coins and Bills into the Vending Device located next to the printer.
- Pay From AAM Account: Log in with your Orion Library card. You must already have funds in your deposit account to use this option.
- When processing is finished, select the OK button.
- Select the Done button in the upper right corner.