We are pleased to announce Storytimes To Go! These storytimes are designed for you to do at home with your young kids and focus on early literacy. Following the story, pick a few (or all!) of the activities listed below for some fun!
In an effort to help slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Orion Library will be closed until further notice.
• All programs and room rentals have been canceled.
• Resident library cards set to expire have been renewed through August 31.
• Materials are not due back at the library until July 6. Material due dates will be extended and fines will be waived.
• Our dropboxes are closed at this time. Please do not attempt to return any items to the library until the library reopens.
• Any materials currently on our hold shelf will still be there when the library reopens.
We will continue to post updates on the library’s website as well as our social media accounts. In the mean time, be safe.
For this years summer reading program, read together and collect prizes along the way! All kinds of reading counts! Books, ebooks, board books, comics, and listening to audio books count towards your total.
Ages 0 through 5 – Read 10, 20, and 30 books for prizes along the way. Receive a free book and raffle ticket after reading 30 books.
Grades K through 5 – Read 300 minutes (5 hrs), 600 minutes (10 hours), and 900 minutes (15 hours) for prizes along the way. Receive a free book and raffle ticket after reading the full 900 minutes.
Another way to play is our printable BINGO sheet challenges for more fun! Print your reading trackers and BINGO sheets to help keep track of your progress at home!
- Read with Me (Ages 0 -5) Reading Tracker and BINGO sheet (pdf)
- Readers (Grades K – 5) Reading Tracker and BINGO sheet (pdf)
Sign up begins on Saturday, June 6