Orion Township Public Library presents:
5th Grade Battle of the Books 2020
In an attempt to keep you better informed, we ask that you read through the following and complete this form in order for your 5th grader to be registered for Battle of the Books. If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Lehman, Head of Youth Services, at 248-693-3002 or email@example.com.
I understand that:
- My child has agreed to participate in the 5th Grade Battle of the Books
- My child will be part of a team, and that team determines their roster, their team name & attire, meeting times and frequency of meetings to prepare for the Battle.
- My child will be expected to be available to compete in the Battle on Saturday, March 7, 2020.
- My child will read books from a list selected by the Youth Services librarians at OTPL. My child and his or her team will determine how many books he or she will read.
- My child will be able to check out books set aside for Battle members at the public library.
- If my child must drop out of Battle of the Books for any reason, we will inform the library as soon as possible.
- The library staff will be taking photos and videos during all events related to the Battle. If I do not want my child to be photographed, I must submit a Battle Photography Opt-Out Form (also available at the Youth Reference Desk). A completed copy of that form will be kept on file.
*Team names are limited to 17 characters, including spaces.*